Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, slow cooker orange chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This slow cooker orange chicken is breaded chunks of chicken tossed in a sweet and savory Asian sauce and cooked in the crock pot. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it's made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. It's sure to become a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook slow cooker orange chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Orange Chicken:
- Get 1.5-2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts
- Take 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- Prepare 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- Get 1/4 tsp Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper
- Take 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Take 1-2 cups Peppers, chopped up
- Get 1-2 cups chopped carrots
- Make ready 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- Make ready 2 tbsp Aminos Acid/Soy sauce
- Get 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Prepare 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Get 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Take 1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Make ready 1-2 Cup Broccoli, or more if you like
So if your chicken is really dry you may need to add just a little water when you shake it up. Then when you put the olive oil in your pan you really need only enough to lightly coat the bottom of. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes just as good as what you'd find in a restaurant! That's why I made my slow cooker teriyaki chicken, and why it remains one of my favorite ways to eat chicken.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Orange Chicken:
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl.
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. Please use a slow cooker liner
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes.
While I was eating teriyaki chicken to my heart's content, it was my younger brother who was the. This incredible slow cooker orange chicken is super easy and will please anyone who loves the flavors of citrus. By the time this dish is ready, the chicken will be tender and coated in a delicious citrus sauce. You can eat the chicken by itself, but I recommend that you cook some rice to go along. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken makes the perfect easy weeknight meal.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food slow cooker orange chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!