Hello everybody, it’s Griffin, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, meat pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Meat pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Meat pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have meat pie using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Meat pie:
- Make ready for the dough
- Get 4 cups plain flour
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Get 250 Grams Margarine/ Baking butter
- Prepare 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- Get pinch salt
- Prepare for the fillings
- Get 300 Grams Minced Meat
- Take 1 Big Irish Potato
- Take 1 Big Carrot
- Take 1 medium onion
- Make ready 2 table spoon plain flour
- Get 11/2 Cup Water
- Get 1 Cooking spoon Vegetable Oil
- Prepare 2 seasoning cubes
- Get spices
- Take to taste salt
Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here - from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie.
Step by Step to make Meat pie:
- Dice your potatoes, onions and carrots and set aside.
- Place a pot or wok on a hob on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, when it’s hot, add the onions and sauté till translucent
- Now add the mince meat, stir thoroughly to break up clumps. Fry for 2-3 minutes or till it loses its pinkness
- Add the diced potatoes and carrots, then add a cup of water, also add the seasoning cubes, thyme, curry powder, garlic powder and salt to taste, cover and let it cook till the vegetables are soft
- While that’s cooking, mix 2 tablespoons of flour with 1/2 cup of water, mix till you get a milky consistency and set aside. - When the vegetables are well cooked, add the flour and water mixture, mix thoroughly…
- Now switch the heat off and let it continue to simmer with the residual heat for 2-3 minutes
- The dough method
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together then sift to get rid of clumps…
- Add the margarine/ baking butter
- Mix the margarine with the flour till you get a bread crumbs like consistency
- Create a little well in the mixture, add the water gradually, be careful not to pour it all in at once, you may not need it all.
- Work and knead the dough till you get a thick and non sticky dough. Now wrap it up in cling film and leave for about 1 hour
- Break an egg into a small plate, whisk and set aside. - After an hour, take out the dough and place on a flat surface. You’ll notice the consistency of the dough has improved and is more manageable
- Now knead for a bit, be careful not to over knead. Now cut the dough into smaller pieces and roll. Get yourself a dough cutter or just a saucepan lid and cut out circles. The size of the circle will depend on your intended pie size
- Now scoop up 1-2 tablespoons of filling unto the middle of the cut out dough; making sure there’s enough room to seal it up.
- Now, rub the egg mixture on the edges of the dough, this will help seal it up properly Now close it up and use a fork to press down the edge, you can also use meatpie cutter
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough, rolling, cutting and filling till you’ve exhausted your dough and filling then place all your pies all on the baking tray and lightly glaze the top of each pie with the whisked egg.Now place the tray in the pre heated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Meat Pies Recipe & Video. printer friendly page. These individual Meat Pies have a buttery crisp top and bottom crust with a delicious filling of ground pork and beef, along with lots of vegetables. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! Nigerian Meat Pie is one of the meat snacks recipes made with minced meat, potato and carrot filling. Learn how to make the best Nigerian Meat Pie here.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food meat pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this webpage in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading, I hope this webpage becomes “the place to be” when it comes to meat pie cooking. Go on get cooking!